Creative Technology Apprenticeship – PHL
We’re offering a paid creative technology internship with our collaborative, multi-disciplinary team. We’re looking for a technologist excited to dive into a huge range of challenges—from generative visuals to camera-responsive installations and tangible interfaces—and create great work for clients who make a difference in our world.
You’ll get your hands dirty making high- and low-tech prototypes, participating in creative brainstorms and ideation, and collaborating with our NYC and Philly-based teams on production work for clients like the National Air and Space Museum, the National WWII Museum, and NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center.
The Right Fit
- Experience with at least one production-oriented creative coding toolkit: Cinder, openFrameworks, Unity
- Experience with creative tools such as the Adobe Creative Suite
- Prototyping experience with a wide range of tools and platforms, including some combination of Arduino, Processing/P5.js, Kinect, Unity, MadMapper
- Understanding of and interest in interactive and user experience design
- Highly organized and able to work on multiple projects
- Detail-oriented, cooperative and curious
- Motion graphics and/or real-world creative or coding experience a plus
- An outstanding portfolio that demonstrates an exceptional understanding of current technologies and innovative strategies for creating interactive experiences
- Strong conceptual thinking paired with creative and thoughtful making
- A great attitude and a lack of ego
- Open to technical and creative direction, and working with input from across our team
- Recent or in-progress degree in computer science, interaction design, or visual design
- Please submit a resume and coverletter to the following form – https://goo.gl/kXpjZu
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States and either live in the Philadelphia area or be willing to relocate
Bluecadet is an experience design agency. We partner with mission-driven organizations to create a broad suite of products and environments. We embrace design, technology, and innovation in the service of content, emotion, and experience. We create experiences that engage audiences through increased knowledge, empathy, and action.
*Please Note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we aren’t able to give status updates via phone or email, but if you are invited for an interview, you will be contacted directly by us for that position.