Design Apprentice – PHL
Bluecadet is offering a six-month, paid design apprenticeship as part of our collaborative, multi-disciplinary team based in our Fishtown HQ. Bluecadet apprentices are mentored by award-winning designers and given the opportunity to help tackle the challenges of the most respected mission-driven non-profit institutions in the world—from The Smithsonian to NASA. As a valued member of a small team, you will be exposed to a wide variety of design disciplines, and you’ll contribute in meaningful ways to the creation of innovative, immersive interactive experiences. The majority of our full-time design team started with Bluecadet as apprentices, so this could be the start of a long-lasting collaboration. People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- An outstanding portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of typography, color, and composition
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with typography, layout, and UI design
- Interest in interactive and user-experience design
- Excellent organizational skills and cooperative, curious approach to work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong conceptual thinking, open to input from the team
- A great attitude and ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Motion graphics experience
- Creative coding experience (Processing, Arduino, Cinder, etc.)
- A bachelor’s degree in design or another relevant field
- Submit a portfolio, resume, and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Design Apprentice”
With offices in Philadelphia and New York City, Bluecadet is a digital agency focusing primarily on work for mission-driven organizations, leading museums, and cultural institutions. We are approachable perfectionists who believe in technology’s power to transform narratives and educate people by entertaining them.
*Please Note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we aren’t able to give status updates via phone or email, but if you are invited for an interview, you will be contacted directly by us for that position.