Manager of Finance & Operations – PHL
Bluecadet, a digital creative agency with headquarters in Philadelphia and an office in New York City, is seeking a Manager of Finance & Operations (“MF&O”). While the MF&O is responsible for finance and operations management for both offices, this position is based in Philadelphia.
The ideal candidate is an experienced finance expert who is meticulous with numbers, thrives on entrepreneurship, and is eager to develop and refine the processes and systems that ensure a sound business environment for our agency.
We are seeking a candidate who is eager to collaborate with our leadership team and excited about the opportunity to join a growing, dynamic, and creative team.
Core functions of the role:
- Financial Operations: Both day-to-day and strategic finance functions, including A/R, A/P, banking, payroll, budgeting and reporting
- HR Administration: Oversight of employee benefits
- General Operations: Oversight of small operations team whose responsibilities include office management, facilities, and IT. The operations team provides admin support to the MF&O, including bookkeeping and other functions.
- Management of accounting software (Quickbooks Online) including expense tracking and budgets
- A/R, A/P, banking, payroll
- Short term/long term cash analysis
- Monthly financial reporting
- Month-end and year-end close process (w/ third party accountant)
- Annual budgets, cash forecasts, and financial growth plans
- Manage banking, insurance and other key finance relationships
- Financial strategy, both short term and long term, to align to company vision and goals
- Communication of financial results and operational data
- Collaborate and effectively communicate with leadership team
- Interface with third-party financial advisor on macro financial issues
- Insurance, taxes, rent and landlord/tenant relations for PHL and NYC
- Manage and develop small operations team (finance and administrative), including oversight of facilities, IT, space planning, and expansions
- Manage general HR admin functions (employee benefits) with support from operations team
- The MF&O will report to the Philadelphia-based Managing Director and CEO
- Excellent communicator
- Works well with minimal oversight
- Proactive, high-energy, and reliable
- Diplomatic and professional when handling tough situations
- Innovative and pragmatic problem-solver and decision maker
- Want to see your hard work have an impact on the success of the company
- Excited about working at a growing company within a dynamic industry
- This position requires at least 5 years of experience in finance operations
- An accreditation as a certified public accountant is not required but would be looked upon favorably
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- Must have work authorization to work in the United States
- Professional services industry experience preferred
- Must live in the Philadelphia area or be willing to relocate
People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Perks: Bluecadet offers competitive salaries, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid time off, company holidays, generous paid parental leave, and the opportunity to work in a dynamic, growing and fun environment. We have a gorgeous office, a relaxed dress code, and flexible hours.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter using the following form: https://goo.gl/JkrSho