Motion Design Apprentice – PHL
Bluecadet is seeking a motion designer for a six-month paid apprenticeship with our collaborative, multi-disciplinary team in Philadelphia. Bluecadet apprentices are mentored by award-winning designers and given the opportunity to work with highly-regarded mission-driven institutions — from The Smithsonian to NASA.
As a design apprentice at Bluecadet, you will actively contribute to the creation of memorable digital products, such as immersive interactive installations, storytelling apps, and high-profile websites. The majority of our full-time design team started with Bluecadet as apprentices, so this could be the start of a long-lasting collaboration.
As a motion designer, your specific responsibilities may include:
- Creating motion studies for interactive installations, apps, and websites
- Concepting narrative-driven motion experiences from storyboards to completion
- Helping to craft intuitive user flows and user experiences
- Assisting in creating new and groundbreaking animation techniques as each new project offers unique and exciting opportunities
- Excellence in 2D animation (After Effects), compositing, and/or 3D
- Well-versed in digital design software including Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects
- Well-trained in design & visual communications principles (composition, typography, branding, image making)
- Humble, nice, and hard-working
- Compelled by interactive design and passionate about a career in the industry
- Driven to understand solid interactive design principles and willing to break the “rules” and push boundaries
- Interested in working closely with development and production teams
- Serious in desire to produce cutting-edge creative digital work
- Deeply passionate about visual problem solving
- Bachelor’s degree in design or another relevant field
- Bonus: Intermediate 3D experience in Cinema 4D, Maya, Rhino, and/or 3ds Max.
- Bonus: Skills in fluid, smoke and/or other particle simulations; character creation & animation; visual effects and photo-realistic detail; real-time generation or OpenGL programming
- Please submit a resume and cover letter using the following form: https://goo.gl/1Bzs4Q
- Please Note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we aren’t able to give status updates via phone or email, but if you are invited for an interview, we will contact you directly
Bluecadet is an experience design agency. We partner with mission-driven organizations to create a broad suite of products and environments. We embrace design, technology, and innovation in the service of content, emotion, and experience. We create experiences that engage audiences by deepening knowledge, building empathy, and inspiring action.