Motion Designer – PHL
Bluecadet is seeking an experienced motion designer interested in pushing your skills into new mediums. You will be responsible for ideating, designing and creating motion graphics concepts and content for interactive immersive, story-rich, experiences and installations. You’ll contribute to a variety of projects for cultural organizations and mission-driven institutions.
We’re looking for a candidate with professional experience in motion graphics, graphic design, editing and animation. You should have the drive and ambition to collaborate with our team of designers, developers, animators and filmmakers to create effective and award-winning content.
As a motion designer, your responsibilities may include:
- Creating motion studies for interactive installations, apps, and websites
- Concepting narrative-driven motion experiences from storyboards to completion
- Helping to craft intuitive user flows and user experiences
- Assisting in creating new and groundbreaking animation techniques as each new project offers unique and exciting opportunities
Qualities We Seek
- Humble, nice, hungry and hard-working
- Well-trained in design & visual communications principles (composition, typography, branding, image making)
- Well-versed in digital design software including Photoshop, After Effects, and Cinema 4D, Maya and/or 3ds Max
- Proficient with 2D animation (After Effects), compositing, and/or 3D.
- Compelled by interactive design and passionate about a career in the industry
- Driven to understand solid interactive design principles and willing to break the “rules” and push boundaries
- Interested in working closely with development and production teams
- Serious in desire to produce cutting edge creative digital work
- Deeply passionate about visual problem solving
- Skills in fluid, smoke and/or other particle simulations
- Bonus: character creation & animation; visual effects and photo-realistic detail; real-time generation or OpenGL programming
- Bachelor’s degree in design or another relevant field
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Must have work authorization to work in the United States
Bluecadet offers competitive salaries, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) participation, paid time off, company holidays, paid parental leave, and the opportunity to work in a dynamic, growing and fun environment. We have a gorgeous office, a relaxed dress code, and flexible hours.
- Please submit a resume and cover letter using the following form: https://goo.gl/48D84m
- Please Note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we aren’t able to give status updates via phone or email, but if you are invited for an interview, we will contact you directly
Bluecadet is an experience design agency. We partner with mission-driven organizations to create a broad suite of products and environments. We embrace design, technology, and innovation in the service of content, emotion, and experience. We create experiences that engage audiences by deepening knowledge, building empathy, and inspiring action.