Senior Designer – NYC
Bluecadet is searching for an experienced visual designer to join our rapidly-growing New York office. This role is a hybrid of hands-on graphic design, concept direction, and mentorship of a developing team. Working with the Creative Director, the Senior Designer will bring ideas to life, carrying projects from initial conception into design development, and through production. They will translate concept direction into compelling, creative, and dynamic visual solutions, and seek to strengthen and evolve concepts through exceptional craft. Whether tackling a detailed touch UI, creating a visual system for generative design, or partnering with a developer to solve a creative problem, you are driven, detail-oriented, passionate about our work, and eager to learn.
Bluecadet partners with some of the most important cultural and purpose-driven institutions in the world, from the Smithsonian to NASA. Experience with the challenges and advantages inherent to mission-driven organizations, while not required, is a huge plus. Diversity of worldview and life experience make our work better, so we strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates to apply.
- Craft exceptional visual responses to design concepts and strategy
- Execute design across a range of screen-based media platforms
- Create user-centric work that is appropriate to the client, audience, and its location
- Collaborate across Bluecadet offices, supporting teams in both New York and Philadelphia
- Work seamlessly across design, motion, architectural and technical disciplines
- Collaborate with and support technical team in translation of design to technical execution
- Partner with and mentor junior design team
- Lead client meetings, as requested
The Right Fit
- 3+ years experience in design, with demonstrated expertise in digital media
- Excellent presentation skills
- Confidence with Clients
- Bachelor’s degree–or higher–in related field preferred
- Experience with film, motion graphics, and/or 3D software is a plus
- Experience with and/or exposure to creative coding toolkits, such as Processing, Cinder, ThreeJS and openFrameworks is a plus
Bluecadet offers competitive salaries, medical and dental insurance, 401(k), paid time off (including paid parental leave), flexible schedules when appropriate, a relaxed dress code, and the opportunity to work on meaningful projects in a beautiful office surrounded by passionate and talented people.
Submit a few samples of work you’re proud of along with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Put “Senior Designer NYC” in the subject line.
With offices in Philadelphia and New York City, Bluecadet is a digital agency focusing primarily on work for mission-driven organizations, leading museums, and cultural institutions. We are approachable perfectionists who believe in technology’s power to transform narratives and educate people by entertaining them.
At Bluecadet, we’re into details so let us know you are as well by spelling our name correctly when you apply. It’s Bluecadet. Not Blue Cadet, BlueCadet, or Cadet Bleu. It’s just our way to see if you’re paying attention.