Spatial Designer – PHL or NYC
We’ve been building an increasing number of experiential—and experimental—projects at the architectural scale, and we find ourselves in need of a spatial designer to join our multidisciplinary creative team in our Philadelphia HQ. Because we work at the intersection of people, technology, storytelling, and place, the spatial designer will be tasked with helping fuse together the work of designers, developers, technologists, content strategists, and producers to create exciting, conceptually rich experiences. We’re open to candidates from a variety of spatial-thinking disciplines—exhibition design to architecture to industrial or theater design.
Bluecadet partners with some of the most important cultural and scientific institutions in the world, from the Smithsonian to NASA. Experience with the challenges and advantages inherent to mission-driven organizations, while not required, is a huge plus. A diversity of worldview and life experience make our work better, so we strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates to apply.
- Creating both quick visualizations and high-fidelity renderings
- Incorporating technological solutions in architectural spaces
- Identify strategic opportunities to make projects unforgettable
- Contributing to client proposals and concept development
- Building low- and medium-fidelity prototypes and models
- Coordinate with partners–e.g. fabricators–on design and production
The Right Fit
- Fluency in Rhino, SketchUp, 3D Max, and Autocad (Grasshopper is a plus)
- Passion for excellence
- Attention to detail
- Team players who also work well independently
- Quick learners with good people skills
- Experience with digital fabrication tools a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a spatial design-related field
Bluecadet offers competitive salaries, medical and dental insurance, 401(k), paid time off (including paid parental leave), flexible schedules when appropriate, a relaxed dress code, and the opportunity to work on meaningful projects in a beautiful office surrounded by cool people.
Submit a few samples of work you’re proud of along with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Put “Spatial Designer” in the subject line.
With offices in Philadelphia and New York City, Bluecadet is a digital agency focusing primarily on work for mission-driven organizations, leading museums, and cultural institutions. We are approachable perfectionists who believe in technology’s power to transform narratives and educate people by entertaining them.
*Please Note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we aren’t able to give status updates via phone or email, but if you are invited for an interview, you will be contacted directly by us for that position.