Vote for Bluecadet at SXSW Panel Picker
It’s that time of year again! Community polls are open SXSW Panel Picker.
Founder Josh Goldblum has submitted his panel “Can Stories Save the Museum?” for SXSW 2017, but needs your support for his panel to get picked up.
About the Panel:
Can Stories Save the Museum?
For years, the idea behind a museum was simple: curators gathered together objects of cultural significance and displayed them with sparse commentary. Supposedly, the objects spoke for themselves, and if you didn’t understand their significance or interest, that was your fault. The problem with this notion is that museum attendance is in a long term decline. A number of recent projects have shown that they are able to pull in visitors and interest, but only if they resort to practices more common in the entertainment and marketing worlds than the institutional one. If they commit not to simply display, but to evolved storytelling.
How to Vote:
1. Sign in if you already have an account OR create an account if you don’t have one.
2. Once you sign in, click on “Panel Picker”
3. On the top righthand side click on “Search/Vote”
4. Search for “Can Stories Save the Museum?”
5. Click the thumbs up icon on the left hand side to cast your vote