This is a six-month, paid position based in our Philadelphia office (although fully remote at least through June 2021), with potential to hire full-time. As a member of our Business Development team, this associate role requires an organized, persuasive communicator and strategic thinker who can understand and convey how Bluecadet will help clients achieve their unique needs and goals. Tasks will include supporting our team in tracking new business leads, creating proposals, and keeping our internal processes organized.
- Support proactive and inbound business development efforts, such as vetting leads and managing inbound requests
- Track lead generation and conversion for new projects
- Closely review proposal requests and new business leads and create project briefs with pertinent information
- Support putting together proposals based on existing templates and strategic vision outlined by a larger team
- Coordinate and contribute to strategic insight in meetings between the core Business Development team and discipline leads to determine vision for proposals
- Support proactive business development efforts by researching potential new clients, creating contact lists, and managing our client database
- Identify and help to develop strategic relationships with partners or potential clients as applicable
- Establish and maintain ongoing client relationships as applicable
- Participate in activities needed to support the workflow and internal management functions of the team
- Help oversee and coordinate digital assets management for proposal and project assets
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication, including proofreading
- Strong interest and skill in writing
- Super organized and attune to details
- Ability to work on several tasks at once, often under tight deadlines
- Collaborative, professional, friendly, and communicative
- Ability to work independently and contribute as part of a team
- An enthusiastic and curious attitude, able to quickly gain expertise in a variety of subject matters
- Proficient in the Google Suite, Copper, Canto – or ready and excited to learn
- An interest in arts, culture, and design
- 0-2 years of sales, marketing, organizational, or development experience in an integrated/digital agency or cultural organization, in an internship or full-time capacity
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with relevant coursework in media studies, writing, marketing, communications, journalism or history
A note on benefits and potential conversion to Full Time role:
As a six-month contract position, this role does not include benefits like medical and dental insurance, 401k participation or paid parental leave, PTO or holidays. Time off may be taken upon request, as unpaid time. However, there is a possibility that this role, after 6 months, could be converted to a Full Time position, upon which time benefits would be offered.
Bluecadet is an award-winning, internationally-recognized experience design agency focused on producing transformative digital products and environments. We work with story and experience-driven organizations and brands. Past clients include Google, MoMA, Harvard, Comcast, Princeton, The Smithsonian Institution, Doctors Without Borders, National Geographic, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Our Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
Bluecadet’s staff represents a wide pool of talent, views, backgrounds, and interests across our disciplines. We believe in Equity and Inclusion as a general principle and look for ways to actively amplify our team’s diverse perspectives in service of the stories and messages we are entrusted to tell.
We also recognize that we must always strive to be better. Over the past six months, we have launched internal DEI programming with a dedicated consultant to inform our business and culture moving forward. For 2021, we plan to prioritize initiatives at all levels of our organization – reflecting on leadership actions and communication, training our managers on equity and inclusion best practices, and for the whole staff, implementing inclusive meeting structures and cross-group learning.