Bluecadet is looking for a hands-on, strategic-thinking, creative director to lead our multi-disciplinary teams in the design and production of exceptional digital products.
To succeed in this role you must be a great mentor and leader and thrive at facilitating effective collaboration across disciplines. We’re project-based and you will get your hands dirty on projects but also be responsible for directing both the design strategy and production of best-in-class digital products, mobile apps, web platforms and multi-channel services.
We work directly with our clients, which range from well-known cultural brands like the Smithsonian and the Library of Congress to influential, innovative companies like Zoom and Google. Our director will need to be a strategic, entrepreneurial, partner for these clients.
Top 3 things this person should accomplish in first year
- Lead the strategy, design and development of a best-in-class digital product
- Help convert 2-3 new aspirational digital product projects from pitch to production
- Cultivate a spirit of collaboration
- Demonstrate expertise in UX/UI best practices, leading and guiding the team in the use of tools, process and the delivery of award-winning web products.
- Serve as a strategic lead for partners and clients, defining product strategy in the service of audience needs and client goals.
- Present new and exciting opportunities for product innovation that align well with audience and client needs.
- Be a mentor, coach, and advocate for your team.
- Draw from a range of experiences and references in and out the traditional UX/UI practices — let your passions push us forward.
- Advocate for innovative processes and technologies across projects; and incorporates new technology when it generates real value, not just hype.
- Advocate for best practices in incorporating well-reasoned strategy & audience insights into product designs and ensure our internal processes, training, and knowledge-sharing reinforce this perspective.
- Foster an environment of multidisciplinary collaboration and creative problem-solving.
- The rough breakdown of responsibilities will look like:
- 55% active creative direction of projects
- 25% mentoring design leads, and senior designers
- 20% supporting new business efforts in strategy and pitch development
- 5-8 years of professional experience
- A strong UI and digital product design portfolio exhibiting high attention to detail, UX principles, typography, and the use of grid systems and how they support content strategy
- Exceptional communicator with years of experience pitching new and existing work to clients and partners — i.e. you know how to use a deck to build a compelling narrative.
- Self-motivated with deep-rooted creativity
- Translator of ideas into beautiful design solutions
- Understands the importance of user-friendly design that’s future-facing and sustainable
- Proficient using Figma and other digital product design tools to communicate their ideas
- Understands the importance of thorough QA
- Able to apply feedback into practice
- Great team working skills
- Motivated to stay on top of emerging interactive design trends
- Excellent with time management and are able to prioritize and manage workstreams on multiple simultaneous projects
Bluecadet is an award-winning, internationally-recognized experience design agency focused on producing transformative digital products and environments. We work with story and experience-driven organizations and brands. Past clients include Google, MoMA, Harvard, Comcast, Princeton, The Smithsonian Institution, Doctors Without Borders, National Geographic, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Our Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
Bluecadet’s staff represents a wide pool of talent, views, backgrounds, and interests across our disciplines. We believe in Equity and Inclusion as a general principle and look for ways to actively amplify our team’s diverse perspectives in service of the stories and messages we are entrusted to tell.