Creative Director – PHL
Bluecadet is looking for a hands-on, strategic thinking Creative Director to lead and mentor a multi-disciplinary team in the design and production of exceptional digital experiences. Based in our Philadelphia headquarters, the Creative Director ensures the quality of the creative concepts and the work produced, in addition to serving as a strategic partner to our clients. As a Creative Director for Bluecadet, you should be adept at writing for or designing complex, original, UI systems, and experiences—from dynamic touchscreen interfaces to rich-media campaign websites, to cutting edge mobile applications. People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Proactively and respectfully lead, mentor, motivate and collaborate with designers and writers
- Foster an environment of multidisciplinary collaboration and creative problem-solving
- Advocate for innovative processes and technologies across projects; excitement about new trends in technology but interested in real creative value, not just hype
- Push for new uses of media in spaces, especially opportunities beyond screens
- Comfortable with close client collaboration, and willingness to workshop, sketch, and discuss concepts at every level
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty, whether that be diving into hand-sketching, shooting film, producing a motion study, or even writing a little code—whatever it takes to push for the most interesting solutions
- Draw from a range of experience and references in and out of our field, including knowledge of best-in-class media projects alongside art, film, installation, etc—let your passions push us forward
- Direct design of interactive digital experiences for high-profile museum and cultural institutions
- Incorporate sound strategy & visitor insights into designs and ensures our internal processes, training, and knowledge-sharing reinforce this perspective
- Serve as a strategic partner to clients
- Play a key role in presentations to both existing and potential clients
- Be accountable for the quality of all creative deliverables for the complete length of the project
- Seek to raise Bluecadet’s industry profile (through public speaking, awards judging, blogging, and other thought-leadership activities)
- Work with company leadership to develop growth plans for the design staff
- Understanding of the design and dev process
- History of successfully executed projects in a leadership role
- UX or experience design background
- 8+ years of experience designing or writing for award-winning interactive digital media
- Adept at articulating concepts across a wide range of mediums
- Strong leader with the ability to manage multiple clients and projects
- Knowledge of digital technologies and how they can be used to support superior user-centered experiences
- Skilled at clearly presenting design approaches to the team and client
- Ego-free leadership style proven to motivate
- Adept at mentoring others in developing, communicating, and selling industry-leading concepts to clients
- Exceptional ability to understand, communicate, and develop creative solutions that address specific client goals
- Solid understanding of and appreciation for the distinction between creative expression and business objectives
- Up-to-date portfolio that includes recent successfully executed projects (please include portfolio link
Please apply here with your resume, portfolio link and cover letter
Bluecadet offers competitive salaries, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) participation, paid time off, company holidays, paid parental leave, and the opportunity to work in a dynamic, growing and fun environment. We have a gorgeous office, a relaxed dress code, and encourage work/life harmony.
Bluecadet is an Emmy-winning experience design studio that collaborates with the world’s leading cultural organizations to craft products and spaces that entertain, educate, and inspire. We leverage design and technology to help our clients tell their stories and engage their audiences with powerful experiences that build empathy and encourage engagement.
Headquartered in Philadelphia with a second office in New York, our nearly 50-person team includes strategists, producers, designers, architects, developers, and videographers. In addition to our extensive expertise in design, strategy, and technology, we also have an in-house production studio dedicated to creating high-quality original content, including photography, film, 360-degree-footage, motion graphics, and virtual experiences.
We have conceived and delivered large-scale interactive experiences at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum, developed an experiential master plan for the Mann Center for Performing Arts, and we’ve told the complex story of Jefferson’s Monticello with a location-based app featuring Mulberry Row.