Design Apprentice – PHL
Bluecadet is offering a six-month, paid design apprenticeship as part of our collaborative, multi-disciplinary team in Philadelphia. Bluecadet apprentices are mentored by award-winning designers and given the opportunity to work with mission-driven institutions such as The Smithsonian, NASA, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. As a valued member of a small team, you will be exposed to a wide variety of design disciplines, and you’ll contribute in meaningful ways to the creation of innovative, immersive interactive experiences. The majority of our full-time design team started with Bluecadet as apprentices, so this could be the start of a long-lasting collaboration.
- An outstanding portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of typography, color, and composition
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with typography, layout, and UI design
- Interest in interactive and user-experience design
- Excellent organizational skills and cooperative, curious approach to work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A bachelor’s degree in design or another relevant field
- Strong conceptual thinking, open to input from the team
- A great attitude and ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Motion graphics experience
- Creative coding experience (Processing, Arduino, Cinder, etc.)
- Please submit a resume and cover letter using the following form: https://goo.gl/t8hhu8
Bluecadet is an experience design agency. We partner with mission-driven organizations to create a broad suite of products and environments. We embrace design, technology, and innovation in the service of content, emotion, and experience. We create experiences that engage audiences by deepening knowledge, building empathy, and inspiring action.
*Please Note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we aren’t able to give status updates via phone or email, but if you are invited for an interview, you will be contacted directly by us for that position.