- Exceptional ability to understand, communicate, and develop creative solutions that address specific client goals
- Expert knowledge of essential design tools, including Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Knowledge and interest in digital technologies and how they can be used to support superior user-centered experiences
- 1-3 years of visual design experience in an agency environment
- An outstanding portfolio that demonstrates an exceptional understanding of typography, color, composition
- Experienced in collaborating across design, and motion in the context of designing digital products is a plus.
- A great attitude and a lack of ego
- Highly organized and able to work on multiple projects
- The ability to both work autonomously and as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Openness to design direction and working with input from our creative directors
- Successfully execute visual design systems for a wide range of digital products
- Use feedback as a way to improve and iterate and have conversations around your work
- Present and discuss your work in a constructive and clear way
- Adhere to timelines and manage priorities to meet milestones and deadlines
- Collaborates with developers on implementation: Ensures everything is pixel perfect, and that transitions, hit states and any coded animation is considered and implemented
- Incorporates all internal and client feedback into design work.
- Collaborates with the designers, producers, content strategists, and developers on their team to deliver a successful project that meets internal and client goals.
Bluecadet is an award-winning, internationally-recognized experience design agency focused on producing transformative digital products and environments. We work with story and experience-driven organizations and brands. Past clients include Google, MoMA, Harvard, Comcast, Princeton, The Smithsonian Institution, Doctors Without Borders, National Geographic, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Our Commitment to Equity & Inclusion
Bluecadet’s staff represents a wide pool of talent across strategy, development, technology, and design. Although we are not a certified diverse vendor, women occupy over half of the leadership and creative roles in the agency. Bluecadet firmly believes in Equity and Inclusion as a general principle. We recognize that we can only get better, and have in the past six months launched internal programming with a dedicated consultant to inform our work moving forward across areas of our business and culture. Our goal by the end of Q1 in 2021 will be to create a concrete set of actions and commitments that we can take at Bluecadet to encourage inclusion and belonging, and ensure equity including professional development, training, reviews, recruitment and compensation. We look forward to sharing more about our commitments and initiatives in the coming months as we move forward in this process.