Top goals that this role will accomplish in its first year:
- Manage creative and delivery teams in executing web and digital projects
- Foster thriving, collaborative, transparent and trusting relationships with our clients
- Ensure project budgets, scopes and schedules are tracked and monitored, flagging any areas of scope creep, budget overages, or potential risk and working to mitigate them with the team and client
- Manages the day-to-day running of creative and delivery teams – facilitating and leading productive conversations. Performs regular team check-ins.
- Creates, manages and oversees detailed project plans and documentation, including contracts, SOWs, changes of scope, schedules and budgets.
- Creates and maintains thriving client relationships, serving as one of the primary points of communication.
- Leads project status meetings and updates with internal teams and clients. Creates and distributes notes and action items.
- Collaborates with teams to define product specifications and functional requirements.
- Helps lead the discovery phases of projects and determine project approach and scope.
- Assigns tasks to team members and manages production of work throughout the project lifecycle.
- Minimizes exposure to risk by identifying potential scope creep and working with internal teams and clients to mitigate risks.
- Uses appropriate methods to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Ensures resource availability and allocation.
- Measures project performance using internal systems and tools. Reports and escalates to management as needed.
- Manages and participates in testing and quality assurance for all deliverables. Ensures projects are delivered to a high quality standard.
- Contributes ideas to projects and actively participates in team meetings.
- Contributes relevant subject matter expertise in project area (e.g. film production, web design and development, interactive application user experience).
- Establishes and manages partnerships with third parties/vendors.
- Solid technical and/or creative background
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent internal and client-facing communication skills
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Diplomatic and professional when handling tough situations
- Self-starter who works well with minimal oversight
- Strong collaborator
- Proactive, high-energy, and reliable
- Ability to be resourceful, inspired, and self-driven while jumping in to play different roles on a project.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3+ years of professional experience
- At least 2 years of experience project managing digital products such as websites, touchscreen kiosks, mobile apps, or interactive installations
- Demonstrated experience managing complex projects
Bluecadet is an award-winning, internationally-recognized experience design agency focused on producing transformative digital products and environments. We work with story and experience-driven organizations and brands. Past clients include Google, MoMA, Harvard, Comcast, Princeton, The Smithsonian Institution, Doctors Without Borders, National Geographic, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Our Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
Bluecadet’s staff represents a wide pool of talent, views, backgrounds, and interests across our disciplines. We believe in Equity and Inclusion as a general principle and look for ways to actively amplify our team’s diverse perspectives in service of the stories and messages we are entrusted to tell.
We also recognize that we must always strive to be better. Over the past six months, we have launched internal DEI programming with a dedicated consultant to inform our business and culture moving forward. Our team continues to identify and address ways of ensuring that our recruiting, training, development, and compensation continue to elevate our team and underrepresented groups.
For 2021, we have prioritized initiatives at all levels of our organization – reflecting on leadership actions and communication, training our managers on equity and inclusion best practices, and for the whole staff, implementing inclusive meeting structures and cross-group learning. We believe that these foundations will help us to continue to attract, grow and support an increasingly diverse team in their careers at Bluecadet and beyond, and to make our creative products even better.