Top 3 goals that this role will accomplish in its first year:
- Leads the team in solidifying our digital product design processes.
- Fosters an innovation mindset for designing future-focused products that leverage tactics like voice, VR/AR and game-like interfaces in strategic and meaningful ways.
- Successfully develops and pitches our vision of our digital product design to our aspirational clients.
- Serve as a strategic lead for partners and clients, defining product strategy in the service of the client’s business goals and presenting clients with new and exciting opportunities for future work.
- Be a mentor, coach, and advocate for your team.
- Draw from a range of experiences and references in and out the traditional UX/UI practices — let your passions push us forward
- Own and design the processes behind the work.
- Advocate for innovative processes and technologies across projects; excitement about new trends in technology but interested in real creative value, not just hype
- Advocate for best practices in incorporating sound strategy & user journey insights into product designs and ensure our internal processes, training, and knowledge-sharing reinforce this perspective
- Foster an environment of multidisciplinary collaboration and creative problem-solving
- The rough breakdown of responsibilities will look like:
- 50% active creative direction of projects
- 35% mentoring design leads, and senior designers
- 15% supporting new business efforts in strategy and pitch development
- Strong leader with the ability to manage multiple clients and projects.
- Experienced leader with a track record of managing product design teams.
- You have expert knowledge in the tools used to design innovative digital products (Figma, etc.) and how they can be used to support superior user-centered experiences
- Tells a great story, with particular emphasis on digital narratives
- Adept at directing and mentoring others in developing, communicating, and selling industry-leading concepts to clients
- Exceptional ability to understand, communicate, and develop creative solutions that address specific client goals
- You’ve demonstrated success in managing the needs of the company and ensuring the delivery of best-in-class work
- You understand how to deliver new ideas and creativity within the client’s budget
- Seizes opportunities to make work, team, and clients better
Bluecadet is an award-winning, internationally-recognized experience design agency focused on producing transformative digital products and environments. We work with story and experience-driven organizations and brands. Past clients include Google, MoMA, Harvard, Comcast, Princeton, The Smithsonian Institution, Doctors Without Borders, National Geographic, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Bluecadet offers competitive salaries, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) participation, paid time off, company holidays, paid parental leave, and the opportunity to work in a dynamic, growing and fun environment. We have a gorgeous office, a relaxed dress code, and encourage work/life harmony.
Our Commitment to Equity and Inclusion:
Bluecadet’s staff represents a wide pool of talent, views, backgrounds, and interests across our disciplines. We believe in Equity and Inclusion as a general principle and look for ways to actively amplify our team’s diverse perspectives in service of the stories and messages we are entrusted to tell.
We also recognize that we must always strive to be better. Over the past six months, we have launched internal DEI programming with a dedicated consultant to inform our business and culture moving forward. For 2021, we plan to prioritize initiatives at all levels of our organization – reflecting on leadership actions and communication, training our managers on equity and inclusion best practices, and for the whole staff, implementing inclusive meeting structures and cross-group learning.