Top 3 goals that this role will accomplish in its first year:
- Manage creative and delivery teams in executing experiential projects
- Foster thriving, collaborative, transparent and trusting relationships with our clients and internal teams
- Ensure project budgets, scopes and schedules are tracked and monitored, flagging any areas of scope creep, budget overages, or potential risk and working to mitigate them with the team and client
- Creates, manages and oversees detailed project plans and documentation, including contracts, SOWs, changes of scope, schedules and budgets.
- Manages the day-to-day running of creative and delivery teams across disciplines (design, content, development, spatial) – facilitating and leading productive conversations. Performs regular team check-ins.
- Leads project status meetings and updates with internal teams and clients. Creates and distributes notes and action items.
- Creates and maintains thriving client relationships, serving as the primary point of communication.
- Lead the discovery phases of projects and determine project approach and scope. Continues to lead teams throughout the project lifecycle to ideate, develop, and define concept specifications and functional requirements. Leads production and installation teams to execute and implement design intent across disciplines.
- Coordinates regularly with external design and production partners (like AV integrators, fabrication teams, lighting specialists, etc) to ensure the creative vision is integrated and executed through each phase of the project. Establishes and manages relationships with these partners.
- Assigns tasks to team members and manages production of work throughout the project lifecycle.
- Minimizes exposure to risk by identifying potential scope creep and working with internal teams and clients to mitigate risks.
- Uses appropriate methods to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Ensures resource availability and allocation.
- Measures project performance using internal systems and tools. Reports and escalates to management as needed.
- Manages and participates in testing and quality assurance for all deliverables. Ensures projects are delivered to a high quality standard.
- Solid technical and/or creative production expertise – understanding design, development, and production workflows
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent internal and client-facing communication skills
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Diplomatic and professional when handling tough situations
- Self-starter who works well with minimal oversight
- Strong collaborator
- Proactive, high-energy, and reliable
- Ability to be resourceful, inspired, and self-driven while jumping in to play different roles on a project.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2-5 years of relevant professional experience
- At least 2 years of experience managing experiential projects such as exhibitions, interactive development, immersive media, and/or digital installations
- Demonstrated experience managing complex projects
Bluecadet is an award-winning, internationally-recognized experience design agency focused on producing transformative digital products and environments. We work with story and experience-driven organizations and brands. Past clients include Google, MoMA, Harvard, Comcast, Princeton, The Smithsonian Institution, Doctors Without Borders, National Geographic, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Bluecadet offers competitive salaries, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) participation, paid time off, company holidays, paid parental leave, and the opportunity to work in a dynamic, growing and fun environment. We have a gorgeous office, a relaxed dress code, and encourage work/life harmony.
Our commitment to Equity and Inclusion:
Bluecadet’s staff represents a wide pool of talent, views, backgrounds, and interests across our disciplines. We believe in Equity and Inclusion as a general principle and look for ways to actively amplify our team’s diverse perspectives in service of the stories and messages we are entrusted to tell.
We also recognize that we must always strive to be better. Over the past six months, we have launched internal DEI programming with a dedicated consultant to inform our business and culture moving forward. Our team continues to identify and address ways of ensuring that our recruiting, training, development, and compensation continue to elevate our team and underrepresented groups.
For 2021, we have prioritized initiatives at all levels of our organization – reflecting on leadership actions and communication, training our managers on equity and inclusion best practices, and for the whole staff, implementing inclusive meeting structures and cross-group learning. We believe that these foundations will help us to continue to attract, grow and support an increasingly diverse team in their careers at Bluecadet and beyond, and to make our creative products even better.