- Demonstrated expertise leading the architectural design of content-rich interpretive experiences
- Advanced experience managing creative processes in a client-services environment.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary environment
- Must be skilled at leading inclusive internal and external workshops
- A practiced presenter and communicator, experienced in cultivating partner relationships with executive-level clients
- Proven mentoring, supervisory, and team-building skills.
- The ability to work quickly, efficiently, and accurately within all required technical software (Rhino, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- Experience working with presentation software such as Google Slides and Keynote is a plus
- An exceptional portfolio of built work that demonstrates expertise in architecture, exhibit design, and/or theatrical design
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs.
- Experience working with specialties such as lighting design, AV hardware design and integration, digital fabrication, sound design, etc.
- 7+ years of experience designing spaces, with a focus on integrating storytelling and technology
- 3+ years of experience leading teams in the design of spatial experiences.
- Concept and design innovative spatial and interpretive approaches for existing clients and prospective clients
- Collaborate with other discipline leads, including interpretation, design, production, and technology
- Direct multidisciplinary creative teams in the concept, design and execution of experiential projects
- Direct experiential project teams across a range of projects.
- Build a world-class team of spatial designers capable of designing exceptional experiences for a wide range of purpose-driven clients
- Advocate for the spatial design practice on a leadership / agency level
- Collaborate with the new business team on agency language around positioning our spatial services
- Work with director of production to ensure strong pairings of team w/ appropriate projects
- Direct collaboration with partners and freelancers when neededOffer budgeting and fabrication expertise when appropriate
- Mentor spatial team, including internal performance reviews and 1 on 1s
- Find opportunities to standardize and codify spatial design methods and processes
Bluecadet offers competitive salaries, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) participation, paid time off, company holidays, paid parental leave, and the opportunity to work in a dynamic, growing and fun environment. We have a gorgeous office, a relaxed dress code, and encourage work/life harmony.
Bluecadet is an award-winning, internationally-recognized experience design agency focused on producing transformative digital products and environments. We work with story and experience-driven organizations and brands. Past clients include Google, MoMA, Harvard, Comcast, Princeton, The Smithsonian Institution, Doctors Without Borders, National Geographic, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Our Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
Bluecadet’s staff represents a wide pool of talent, views, backgrounds, and interests across our disciplines. We believe in Equity and Inclusion as a general principle and look for ways to actively amplify our team’s diverse perspectives in service of the stories and messages we are entrusted to tell.
We also recognize that we must always strive to be better. Over the past six months, we have launched internal DEI programming with a dedicated consultant to inform our business and culture moving forward. For 2021, we plan to prioritize initiatives at all levels of our organization – reflecting on leadership actions and communication, training our managers on equity and inclusion best practices, and for the whole staff, implementing inclusive meeting structures and cross-group learning.