Bluecadet is offering a six-month, paid, design internship as part of our collaborative, multi-disciplinary team. Bluecadet interns are mentored by award-winning designers and given the opportunity to work with mission-driven institutions such as The Smithsonian, NASA, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. As a valued member of a small team, you will be exposed to a wide variety of design disciplines, and you’ll contribute in meaningful ways to the creation of innovative, immersive, interactive experiences.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of typography, color, and composition
- Experience with and passion for problem-solving, and communicating complex stories through compelling design
- Excellent organizational skills and cooperative, curious approach to work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A complete or in-progress bachelor’s degree in design or another relevant field
- Strong conceptual thinking, open to input from the team
- A great attitude and ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Ready to learn, flexible, and willing to work across disciplines
- Experience across other disciplines:
- Motion graphics
- 3D design, environmental graphic design, or packaging/industrial design
- Creative coding
- Digital fabrication
- Experience with remote working tools
Remote Working Model
- Bluecadet offices in Philadelphia and New York are currently fully remote. During the course of this internship the Bluecadet offices will likely open. Candidates should have the ability to spend 1-2 days per week in either the Philadelphia or NYC office.
- Interns will be expected to work a 40-hour week, and will work with their mentors to set mutually beneficial working hours
- Bluecadet mentors will on-board interns to remote working tools as needed
Bluecadet offers competitive salaries, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) participation, paid time off, company holidays, paid parental leave, and the opportunity to work in a dynamic, growing and fun environment. We have a gorgeous office, a relaxed dress code, and encourage work/life harmony.
Bluecadet is an award-winning, internationally-recognized experience design agency focused on producing transformative digital products and environments. We work with story and experience-driven organizations and brands. Past clients include Google, MoMA, Harvard, Comcast, Princeton, The Smithsonian Institution, Doctors Without Borders, National Geographic, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Our Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
Bluecadet’s staff represents a wide pool of talent, views, backgrounds, and interests across our disciplines. We believe in Equity and Inclusion as a general principle and look for ways to actively amplify our team’s diverse perspectives in service of the stories and messages we are entrusted to tell.
We also recognize that we must always strive to be better. Over the past six months, we have launched internal DEI programming with a dedicated consultant to inform our business and culture moving forward. For 2021, we plan to prioritize initiatives at all levels of our organization – reflecting on leadership actions and communication, training our managers on equity and inclusion best practices, and for the whole staff, implementing inclusive meeting structures and cross-group learning.