- Expertise in essential design tools, including Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Knowledge and interest in digital technologies and how they can be used to support superior user-centered experiences
- A portfolio that demonstrates an exceptional understanding of typography, color, composition
- A great attitude and a lack of ego
- Highly organized and able to work on multiple projects
- The ability to both work autonomously and as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Openness to design direction and working with input from our creative directors
- Support lead designers in building out design layouts and systems
- Export production assets to assist with front-end build production
- Use feedback as a way to improve and iterate and have conversations around your work
- Communicate concepts to Creative Directors (CDs) and Associate Creative Directors (ACDs) via references, mood boards, sketches before commencing on design. Be prepared to defend decisions and articulate design choices
- Support new business by laying out decks using pre-existing pitch designs and designing pitch assets
- Adhere to timelines and manage priorities to meet milestones and deadlines
- Collaborates with developers on implementation: Ensure everything is pixel perfect, and that transitions, hit states and any coded animation is considered and implemented
- Incorporates all internal and client feedback into design work.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with relevant coursework in visual design, UX and interaction design, or equivalent experience.
- Advanced degree with relevant coursework a bonus, but not required.
Bluecadet offers competitive salaries, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) participation, paid time off, company holidays, paid parental leave, and the opportunity to work in a dynamic, growing and fun environment. We have a gorgeous office, a relaxed dress code, and encourage work/life harmony.
Bluecadet is an award-winning, internationally-recognized experience design agency focused on producing transformative digital products and environments. We work with story and experience-driven organizations and brands. Past clients include Google, MoMA, Harvard, Comcast, Princeton, The Smithsonian Institution, Doctors Without Borders, National Geographic, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Our commitment to Equity and Inclusion
Bluecadet’s staff represents a wide pool of talent, views, backgrounds, and interests across our disciplines. We believe in Equity and Inclusion as a general principle and look for ways to actively amplify our team’s diverse perspectives in service of the stories and messages we are entrusted to tell.
We also recognize that we must always strive to be better. Over the past six months, we have launched internal DEI programming with a dedicated consultant to inform our business and culture moving forward. For 2021, we plan to prioritize initiatives at all levels of our organization – reflecting on leadership actions and communication, training our managers on equity and inclusion best practices, and for the whole staff, implementing inclusive meeting structures and cross-group learning.